2013 Photo Contest
The City of Quinte West is pleased to announce our 6th Annual Photo Contest!
We invite you to submit digital photographs that capture the "Natural Attraction" of Quinte West. Your photographer’s eye may have captured an image that will entice visitors and businesses to our beautiful City!
Photos should reflect the enjoyment of life and unique activities, events, community, lifestyle, landscapes and landmarks throughout Quinte West.
|boating||spash parks||farmers' market|
|marina activity||entertainment at events||Mount Pelion|
|sporting events||Dino Dig||Murray Canal|
|hiking||downtown shopping||Frankford Tourist Park|
|sporting events|| || |
|swimming|| || |
|biking|| || |
By submitting an entry to this contest, the photographer agrees that you have read, understand and agree to the Contest Rules and you warrant and represent that the photograph you submit is your own original work, that it is an authentic and accurate depiction of the subject matter presented, and that no other party has any right, title or claim to the photograph.
- A maximum of twenty (20) photos will be accepted per applicant.
- All photos must be recently taken within the boundaries (or from the air or surrounding water) of the City of Quinte West and not have been previously published or submitted to the City of Quinte West.
- All entries must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form with contact information, location of where the photograph was taken, and a caption for the photo.
- If your photograph includes an identifiable person or people who are the main subject of the image, your entry must include a signed release form for each individual in the photograph. If any person appearing in any photo is under 18 years of age, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. If the photograph is of identifiable private property which is the main subject of the image, your entry must include a signed release from the owner of the property.Such photos will not be considered eligible until a fully completed and signed release form, has been submitted to the City of Quinte West.(see below). Release forms can be printed by clicking on the link below and can be submitted by uploading a signed, digital copy using our online form or mail or drop them off at City Hall, 7 Creswell Drive, Trenton.
- Release forms can be printed by clicking on the link below. They can be submitted by uploading a signed, digital copy using our online entry form or you may mail or drop them off at City Hall, 7 Creswell Drive, PO Box 490, Trenton, ON K8V 5R6.
- By submitting a photograph for consideration you grant the City of Quinte West and its subsidiaries an unrestricted, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual right to display, edit, distribute publish and reproduce the photograph, in whole or in part, throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertisement, and marketing & promotional materials, including print and electronic media without additional compensation.
- The City will, wherever possible, use your name in association with the photograph.
- The City reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any submission.
- The City is not responsible for entries that are lost, damaged, or delayed during transmission or transportation.
- The contest is open to everyone, except employees and Councillors of the City of Quinte West and their immediate family members.
- All entries must be submitted digitally online or on a CD in .jpg format at high resolution.
- All entries much be received by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, December 31, 2013.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and notified no later than Friday, January 31, 2014. The decision of the judges is final. Only those chosen will be contacted.
First Prize: $300 and one item embellished with the City of Quinte West logo
Second Prize: $200 and one item embellished with the City of Quinte West logo
Third Prize: $100 and one item embellished with the City of Quinte West logo
Three Honorable Mentions: $50 and one item embellished with the City of Quinte West logo for each of the 3 following categories:
All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other prizes.
Photo Contest Entry Form
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
PRINTABLE ENTRY FORM
Release forms can be printed by clicking on the link below and can be submitted by uploading a signed, digital copy using our online form or mail or drop them off at City Hall, 7 Creswell Drive, Trenton.